UIC and the State of Illinois offer a competitive benefits package to all its staff members, most of which are effective on your first day of work. They include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, disability and AD&D insurance
- A defined benefit pension plan
- 403(b) and 457 tax-deferred retirement savings plans with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Domestic partner benefits
- Adoption assistance
- Employee assistance program
- 11 paid holidays each year and two floating holidays
- About five weeks of vacation and five weeks of sick time per year
- Significant tuition discounts for staff and children at any U of I campus and select other Illinois universities
- Discounts: Employees receive reduced rates on campus events, programs and services and at many off-campus retailers.
- Recreation:State of the art Sports & Fitness Center and the Student Recreation Facility are available to all employees at discounted membership rates.
- Commuting: Situated among many highways and with ample parking, UIC is easily accessible for drivers. Commuters benefit from commuter shuttles serving both Metra train stations and many CTA bus and el train stops throughout campus. A transit program provides for cost savings on Metra and CTA transportation.
- Child care: Full day child care is available for children of UIC students, faculty and staff.
Benefits and perks are subject to change at anytime and can vary for civil-service appointments. Please visit University of Illinois Benefits for full details.