Make Your Impact
There are a number of University-wide and college- and unit-specific programs that benefit from your support, and a number of ways you can give that support. The options listed below are the most common ways alumni and friends create the impact they envision while carrying out their philanthropic goals. Development officers are here to answer questions, offer options and help you tailor your giving to your preferences.
- The gift is unrestricted when you don’t designate it. It’s a powerful form of giving in that it allows UIC to apply the funds where needs are the greatest.
- Funds you give for a specific purpose are designated. A development officer can help you define your designation.
- Annual gifts are are often current gifts that provide an important source of operational revenue. They are usually used in the year they are received and can support day-to-day needs, making an immediate impact on the lives of students and faculty. Read more about annual giving below.
Read about the impact of annual giving…
Many matching gift companies require that participants provide the Federal Tax ID number of the recipient organization when applying for a match. The Tax ID for the University of Illinois Foundation is 37-6006007. The University of Illinois Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable organization exempt from federal income tax.
A memorial gift can be outright, designated, a bequest or an endowment and recognition can come in many forms including:
- Honoree’s name engraved on a plaque.
- Buildings or spaces named after honoree, solely or along with other honorees.
- Endowed fund or scholarship named after honoree.
Read about some examples of memorial gifts…
A UIC development officer can help you construct your endowment to meet your preferences, draft the agreement and guide you through finalizing it.
Here are some examples of the impact of endowments…
Read our most recent issue of Generations, which covers many aspects of gift planning.
Contact Lynn Bennett, UIC’s gift planning advisor at 312-413-3394 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or read more about:
Here are some stories about planned gifts…